Viewing 21 of 258
- 1package 2-layer-sized chocolate cake mix
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- ½cup sugar
- 2packets unsweetened lemonade-flavored drink mix
- ½teaspoon baking powder
- ½teaspoon baking soda
- ½cup cooking oil
- 121-ounce can LUCKY LEAF® Regular or Premium Cherry Pie Filling
- 18-ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 2teaspoons almond extract
- 14-ounce bar sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1cup whipping cream
- 9ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2Tablespoons dark rum
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
In a large bowl stir together cake mix, flour, sugar, drink mix, baking powder and soda. Add oil, eggs, cherry pie filling, sour cream and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 2-minutes (batter will be stiff). Fold in chopped sweet chocolate. Spoon into prepared pan.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20-minutes. Loosen sides and remove from pan. Cool completely.
For ganache, in a small saucepan heat cream just to boiling. In a medium bowl pour hot cream over bittersweet chocolate; let stand 5-minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; stir in rum.
Place bowl wth chocolate in a bowl of ice water and let stand for about 20-minutes or until thickened, stirring occastionally.
Transfer cake to serving plate. Spread ganache over cake. Let stand 1-hour before serving to set up.